MORE THAN JUST MEMORIZATION
DarusSalam Academy’s Hifz Program is committed to produce competent huffaz and protectors of the Noble Qur’an who are able to fulfill the responsibilities of teaching Qur’an and leading Tarawih prayers. Students of DarusSalam Academy are nurtured into community leaders and beacons of light for our growing ummah. Our program not only concentrates on memorizing the Qur’an with correct tajwid, but also a strong emphasis is made on maintaining what has already been memorized. Students are encouraged to work rigorously in order to preserve the previous lessons. The academy also strives to nurture students’ overall moral and ethical values, preparing them to become model citizens and positive contributors to society.
Our goal is to instill in each student the love of Allah, His Prophet ﷺ, the deen of Islam, and to develop a positive Muslim identity as well as a commitment to religion, family, and community.
“It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: Recite and rise in status. Recite as you used to recite in the world, for your status will be at the last verse that you recite.” [at-Tirmidhi]
DarusSalam Academy employs a proven method for hifdh al-Qur'an which focuses not just on memorization, but retention.
Sabaq (Current Lesson): At the beginning of the day, all students are required to recite their previous day's lesson to the instructor. No mistakes are permitted in the entire lesson.
Nazirah (Recitation): Before memorizing a new portion, students must first read it under the supervision of the instructor to ensure proper recitation and tajwid. This ensure that students memorize the new portion correctly.
Sabaq Para (Current Juz): In addition to reciting their current lesson, students must also recite their most current juz in it's entirety to the instructor.
Amukhta (Revision): This portion of the class focuses on a previously memorized juz of the Qur'an. Students are required to recite an entire juz with a limited number of mistakes.
Islamiyyat (Islamic Studies): Each day, students are are taught a lesson from various Islamic sciences, including fiqh, hadith, adab, and du'a. Students are tested on the previous day's lesson.
THE LAMP (LANGUAGE ARTS & MATHEMATICS) PROGRAM
The Language Arts and Mathematics Program (LAMP) is a unique effort specifically aimed at building the reading, writing, and mathematical skills of DarusSalam Hifz students.
The extraordinary amount of time and effort spent in memorizing the Book of Allah SWT leaves the Hifz students with little time for secular studies. The LAMP is designed to deliver high-quality middle school and/or early high school level language arts and math instruction taught by our dedicated and highly qualified teachers. Every student is assessed at the start of the program to determine their appropriate instructional level. The LAMP provides an essential in-depth language arts and mathematics curriculum during the hifz process, thereby easing the transition back to school when the student has completed hifz and is ready to resume full-time secular studies.
July 5, 2017 - June 6, 2018
Mon-Fri - 8:00AM - 4:00PM
Sat - 8:00AM - 12:00PM*
*Girl's hifz classes are not held on Saturdays
**Schedule subject to change during Ramadan.
Tuition payments for DarusSalam Seminary are managed via the FACTS Tuition Management system. DarusSalam Seminary does not accept tuition payments in any form outside of FACTS. Please note that payments made via credit card are subject to a processing fee. There is not processing fee when using a bank account. Tuition details are listed below.
The cost of the Tahfiz al-Qur'an Memorization program is outlined below.
*Tuition payments may be made up front or in 12 monthly installments. All other fees must be paid up front.
|Application Fee (one-time)||$100|
|Administrative Fee (one-time)||$50|
|Planner and Textbook||$20|
|Uniform (min. 1 mandatory)||$50|
DarusSalam Seminary offers rolling admissions, so prospective students may apply throughout the year. Because seats are limited, those who apply earlier in the cycle are more likely to be admitted. Out-of-state applicants who will require living arrangements should apply as early as possible to ensure arrangements can be made.
The online application process is completed via RenWeb. This simplifies submission and provides applicants the ability to track the status of their application. After submitting the application, you will be able to track your admissions status at the school by logging in to your account. In addition, you will be able to print the completed application and monitor when the school receives any applicable supplemental forms. A non-refundable fee of $100 must be submitted with each application.
Transfer students must have a minimum of 5 juz of Qur'an memorized. Once enrolled, students will be tested on this memorization prior to continuing with new memorization.
Non-transfer students and student with less than 5 juz memorized are only accepted after satisfactory completion of DarusSalam’s Summer Qur'an Memorization Program or Tajwid & Tarbiyyah After-School Program.
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an Account.
- Upon account creation, you will receive an email containing a verification link.
- If you already have a ParentsWeb account, you may log in here.
- Once your account is created, you may submit applications for multiple applicants.
- Click the Create a New Student Application button.
- Fill out the applicant's information and select the program to which you are applying.
- You may save your progress and continue at a later time.
- Complete the entire application.
- Use the navigation panel on the left to go through the application.
- Submit letters of recommendation.
- Provide the name and email address of your referrals.
- They will receive an email with a link to submit their recommendation.
- Two letters of recommendations are required.
- Letters may be from imams, professors, employers, or youth coordinators.
- Letters from family members are NOT accepted.
- Submit your high school or college transcripts (if applicable)
- Please submit transcripts from the highest level of education attended.
- All transcripts must be in PDF format.
- Transcripts are not required for applicants who have not yet attended high school.
- Schedule your on-campus interview.
- Qualifying students will be invited for an interview at DarusSalam Seminary.
- The interview provides a chance for the applicant to visit our campus and facilities, meet enrolled students, and speak with members of our faculty and staff.
- Out-of-state applicants will be invited for a phone interview if unable to interview on-campus.