As-Salam ‘Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,
Alhamdulillah, on Thursday, May 28, 2020, Governor Pritzker removed all COVID-19 restrictions on houses of worship and provided guidelines for the opening of houses of worship. As such, we are excited to announce that Masjid DarusSalam will be open for five times daily prayers for brothers and sisters effective Saturday, May 30 for Fajr. There will be only one jamat per salah at the respective iqamah time given on the timetable and posted on the masjid website. Please note, we will be sending out Friday Jumu’ah salat guidelines before next Jumu’ah.
Please comply with the following guidelines for five times daily salah:
1. Wear a mask at all times.
2. Bring your own musallah.
3. Maintain social distancing in sufoof (rows).
4. Pray sunnah before and after the fard salah at home.
5. The wudu area and bathrooms will be closed. Please make wudu at home.
6. Please do not bring children under the age of 13 years old.
7. Everyone will be able to pray in the main hall, provided social distancing guidelines are followed.
8. Azan will be called 10-15 minutes prior to the iqamah time listed on the salah timetable.
9. Masjid doors will be unlocked 10 minutes before iqamah time and masjid will be locked 10 mins after the completion of salah.
10. Please return home immediately upon the completion of the fard jamat and do not socialize in the masjid.
We sincerely request your compliance with the above policies to ensure everyone’s safety.
Administration of Masjid DarusSalam